Villa Il Galero
Asolo – Treviso
The Cardinal’s Villa: a memorable stay among stuccoes and marmorini.
Villa Il Galero, built in 1691, is an enchanting example of Venetian architecture, just below the Rocca of Asolo. It’s situated on a sloping terraced land, from which you can enjoy a spectacular view of the surrounding plain, on a clear day you can see the Euganean Hills and Venice. It has a strategic position, surrounded by the tranquility and greenery of its centennial gardens and trees, just a few steps from the historic center.
The prestige and the uniqueness of Villa Il Galero is given by the harmony of the architectural proportions and by the sophisticated decorations on the stucco walls and Venetian marbles of the 1700s well preserved that give an elegant and bright appearance.
At the heart of the property there is the Villa with the two porticoed barns that were the old stables and barns now transformed into rooms, and a Chapel.
In addition to the pleasure of walking or taking advantage of the relaxation areas in the garden, there is a beautiful swimming pool with a panoramic view. An opportunity to relax, a romantic moment, a cultural or culinary journey through the Asolo hills of prosecco.
Villa Il Galero is 35 km from Treviso and 60 km from Venice.
Leave yourself to explore alleys and narrow streets, to find hidden gardens. Do not forget the famous Antiques market which takes place every second Sunday of the month and for golf enthusiasts, the wonderful fields of the Asolo Golf Club.
Do not miss the opportunity to visit this magical country that has always fascinated famous personalities of culture and art, musicians such as Gian Francesco Malipiero and Martha Argerich, architects as Carlo Scarpa and Oscar Niemeyer. But also passionate writers and travelers like the famous author Freya Stark who often spends her time at the Villa Il Galero telling about her adventures. In 1987 the Queen Mother of England was received for a lunch in the garden surrounded by the heardy scent of her favorite flowers: the centenary white roses. Allow yourself to be sent through alleys and narrow streets to find hidden gardens and fruit pomegranates.
- Total guest: max 14 pax
- Total number of rooms: 8
- King size bed double rooms: 3
- Junior Suites: 1
- Twin bed room: 1
- Single bed room: 2
- French bed room: 1
- Dining room seats: 14
- Outdoor Patio under wisteria (summer season) with up to 14 seats
- Antique flower garden Italian classic stile.
- Swimming pool with belvedere below the Rocca of Asolo open from 15 May to 15 September.
- Jumping and swings playground for children.
- Wide garden with two terraces, one on the first floor and one on the second outdoor space with the possibility of tensile structure up to 250 people.
- Internal space for dinners, meetings, anniversaries, parties: max 30 people.
- Asolo Golf club 27 holes, 3 different combination of 9 holes 12 km.
- Bike/e-bike rental
- Paint “en plein air”
- Yoga experience
- Private day excursion in the Prosecco Hills
- Private day excursion in Bassano del Grappa and Marostica
- Cooking class
- Walking tour “Le Grandi donne” in Asolo
- Nordic walking Colli Asolani
- Private day excursion to Cortina and the Dolomites
- Wine tasting in the Prosecco Hills
Info and Bookings
- Phone: +39 041 429410
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org